Coming Back

This bizarre thing happened on a flight.
It's been a while since you have heard from me. Life has been a little bit hectic as usual, plus I did a little traveling. Okay, a lot of traveling.

I had the privilege of spending a whole month in the States and it was much needed. It had been almost 8 months since I had seen anyone in my family and to say I was ready to see them might be the biggest understatement of the year. I was definitely feeling the pressures of burnout and needing a break. 

I was able to travel around and spend some time with family and friends. Some highlights include a girls weekend in Tulsa with my cousins Kristin and Jennifer, a garage sale in KC, and a long weekend in Memphis with Cody and Kaley, plus finding my wedding dress, dinners with friends and family and squeezing in some down time. My favorite memory was probably one evening in Memphis, Cody, Kaley, and I sat around their living room and talked to Wood on speaker phone. It was so great for them to have some some quality time "together" since they've not had the opportunity to meet in person. 

I'll be completely honest...I wasn't necessarily ready to come back to Haiti. I could have stayed another week or two to finish recharging. ((Wedding planning took more of my time than I thought it would!)) The benefit of coming back was getting to see my man. Four weeks is a long time to be away from the love of your life! It's definitely good to have hugs and snuggles again. 

Because I wasn't totally ready, my re-entry has been the toughest one yet. Plus, I came back to a village that hadn't paid the power bill (we don't control that) and lots and lots of heat with ALL the humidity. Nothing says "Welcome Back" to Haiti like heat and sweat. 

It's been a process, but I'm slowly and surely getting back into the swing of things. I'm taking it slow and not bombarding myself with everything all at once.

Just this morning as I was doing my quiet time, I was reminded of God's perfect timing and faithfulness. We will all experience seasons of waiting and storms, but God is there through it all. We can rely on Him and trust Him. He equips us with all that we need.

"Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

In case you forgot, you're all WARRIORS. You're handling life. Even if it feels like you're not -- YOU ARE! I have to remind myself of this regularly!

In case you haven't figured it out...I'll be in Haiti for another year (at least), and in a few months, I'll be living in Haiti with a HUSBAND!

<<ALL THE HEART EYES>>

I found THE DRESS.
Wood and I are excited to start our lives as husband and wife.  I still have a few months as a "single" that I will need to support myself. Wood and I are also still figuring out all the details to our financing and income. I will still need to contribute to our cost of living. As such, it is still my goal to raise $17,000 to live. This money covers rent, food, insurance, fuel, personal spending, and travel to visit home. There are options to donate online and through check. All donations are tax deductible. 

While I invite you to be one of my financial partners, I understand that might not be where God leads you. Regardless, I invite you to partner with me in prayer. Your prayers carry me through the hills and valleys. My life isn't possible without all of you beautiful souls. 

All the love my friends!
Caitlin

Donate Online: https://tinyurl.com/catigoestohaiti
Mail checks payable to HOPE with Caitlin Campbell in the memo line
HOPE Attn: Lauren Jones
135 W. Adams Avenue 
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Normal for me, but not for you...
Fighting the battle of keeping food because of power and all of the produce here is FRESH! So, even in proper refrigeration it doesn't fresh as long as produce in America! This makes healthy eating a STRUGGLE. 

Got to have lunch with these lovelies!




Afternoon at the lake with fam.


Coffee with one who understands life abroad!


We took engagement pictures!

Some of you may be wondering when you'll have the chance to meet the man that stole my heart. That's a fantastic question. We of course wish that we could just teleport everyone to our wedding, but unfortunately no one has invented that yet! It's our prayer that Wood will be granted a visa, (we're starting that application again so that after our wedding we could come celebrate at a reception with everyone. We will have a video to share of our special day and if anyone is interested in a more detailed version of our love story, you can check out our wedding website. Hoping to see you soon...WITH my husband. 

https://theknot.com/us/caitlinandwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayiti Cheri

Steady {Rain} of Peace

Monsieur + Madame Beauplan // Wedding + Honeymoon