I Said Yes!

I sweat A LOT during my workouts.
It's been a while since a formal update on life...so here it is! 

If you've been reading my blog posts you know that life has been a little hectic the last few months. I'm happy to report that life has slowed down a little bit.

Around the middle of March, I started on a new fitness journey. When I moved to Haiti, I quickly lost 40 pounds (think heat and eating less). Unfortunately, as my body adjusted to my new Haitian diet and the stress of life crept in, I gained almost all of that weight back and was not happy with myself. I had no energy, I didn't feel good, clothes didn't fit right, and the list goes on. I made the choice to join a Beachbody group and really press play on accountability and taking care of my body. Shout out to my coach, Kaitlyn Davidson, for accommodating my special needs living in Haiti and being an encouragement to keep on trucking. I'm down a few pounds and can tell I have more energy and am on my way to feeling better!

Beach views
At the end of March, I was able to take a much needed mini-vacation and go to the beach for a few days. It was an adventure of car problems and traffic....but we got there! And what a glorious few days of relaxing it was! I came back ready to go and finish the school year strong.

However....

I'm currently in the midst of another "spring" break because the Brouwers got to go to the states AND THEY GOT TO TAKE MOSES! 

We have been praying and pursuing Moses getting a visa for many, many months. I would say all of the stars aligned, but we know that God is the one that opened all the doors and made a way for this to be possible. Moses and the rest of his family have been taking the east coast by storm and enjoying some time together as a family. 

Next week, we'll be back at it in full force again to actually finish the school year strong so that we will be ready for summer trips home. 

Some of you might be thinking....

"HOLD UP. You missed something really important."
I'm gonna get married!!!

Did I? Oh wait, yes I did!!

On April 12, 2019 (on our 17 month anniversary), my best friend asked me the very important question, "Will you marry me?"and of course I said, "YES!!!!"

It's been several months in the making and we couldn't be more excited. Last week we were both off of school and had lots of quality time together which was a wonderful blessing. We've spent a lot of time planning our small, intimate beach wedding (hopefully happening this fall!). We can't wait for the day that Wood gets his own visa, so that we can come and celebrate with all of you!

As for the HOPE side of things, we've still been working away building on our land. The goal is for us to be moving in at the end of October/beginning of November. It's crazy to see all of the changes that have taken place from when it started. Fields have been cleared, buildings are going up and plants are soon going in the ground. We couldn't be more excited for a permanent place to run our ministries from. 

As for Haiti as a whole, things are still tense following another round of political unrest in February. (Read about that here.) There has been no final "resolution," so things continue to be tense. The US Government has kept the Level 4 travel warning which is prohibiting the travel of many groups to and from Haiti, which does start to take its toll on orgs and the economy. Some orgs have had to make the decision to pull out of Haiti for a time. We've been fortunate to not have to make that decision. 

Fuel shortages are still common and city power is still not very consistent, but we have all the things that we need. We're blessed with the ability to stock up when resources are available and have not felt quite the loss that others have. We continue to pray for a solid resolution and for the economy to get back on its feet. 


Make sure to follow my blog or send me your email address, so that you never miss a post from me!

All the love friends, 
Caitlin

Normal for me, but not for you...

Going to a restaurant and just asking what they have instead of picking something off the menu because you want may or may not actually be available. 

cateymarie92@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayiti Cheri

Steady {Rain} of Peace

Monsieur + Madame Beauplan // Wedding + Honeymoon