In His Hands

My fella :)
God's always at work, but to get there you're going to need a little history....

In short, I found a fella. The running joke in my family right now is that I had to go all the way to Haiti to find someone, but you know -- God works in unexpected ways.

Some of you might have been noticing Wood in pictures my last couple of blog posts and on social media. I hadn't really shared much about our relationship because well, it's our relationship. BUT God's been working in our lives and I want to share part of that with you. (with his permission of course!) More about Wood later, but I want to get into what we've been learning.

This last week Wood had an interview at the US Embassy in Port-au-Prince. He was applying for a visitor's visa to come visit the States with me this summer. For reasons that I won't get into, Wood being granted a visa was highly unlikely. However, we know that we serve a BIG God and if he wanted Wood to have a visa, that's what would happen.

The night before Wood's interview we were praying and part of Wood's prayer really stuck with me. He said "Nou leve demen nan men ou." This translates to "We wake up tomorrow in Your hands." This phrase has been with me the last several days. Every day that we wake up, we are in God's hands. He already knows what's going to happen. It's already prepared. Ephesians 2:10 tells us,

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

My daddy came to visit!
We're just walking it all out. God has everything all under control. There's a certain level of peace that comes with knowing that God's got it. It didn't matter what happened in Wood's interview, God had a plan. He had it all under control. And He has it all planned out for good things. His plan is greater than my plan. His plan is greater than our plan. His plan is greater than your plan. Romans 8:28 tells us,

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."


Wood's interview came and went. The outcome...I'll be flying solo this summer. That doesn't seem so good now does it? Are we disappointed? Yes. Did we spend the rest of that day trying to process and make sense of this being the plan? I would be lying if I said no. But if I back it up to Romans 8:26-27, it says,
Rocks + Plastic = Entertainment


"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."

We spent a lot of that afternoon in silence, but I truly believe that God heard us in the quiet. When we don't have words, the Spirit intercedes. And when were are seeking HIS will, it's made known to us. I wake up each day in God's hands. Did we get the outcome we desired? No. Can we rest in God's promise to work all things together for good? Yes.

There is a reason that Wood was not granted a visa. We don't know what that reason is right now. I do know there will be a day when we look back and say, "That. That right there. That is the reason Wood didn't get to come to America this summer." What a glorious moment that will be when we can look up to God and praise Him for His timing.

Friends, wake up each day in God's hands. Give it all to Him. He's got it. It's under control. He's working it all out for good. It might not seem so good in the moment, but just wait. The good is coming.

Love you friends!
Caitlin

I know some of you are dying to know, so here's the highlights...
Wood is the son of a pastor of a local Baptist church here in town. I met him through two avenues. He was in an English class that one of my friends was teaching and he is the second grade teacher at the school that one of my other friends runs. He's quite the gentleman and is one of the most gifted teachers I've ever observed (and this is not me being biased...I thought this the very first time I saw him teach.) He's always happy and he pushes me out of my comfort zone in a good way. I couldn't be more excited. And yes, he speaks English, though my Creole has improved greatly in the last year since meeting him. 
One of Wood's sisters and one of his nephews.

Spent the day at the beach with Wood's brother
and his girlfriend.

Normal for me, but not for you: Port-au-Prince Edition:
This is a picture of a four way intersection. Is there a right of way order? Nope. Is there a stop light? Nope. Is there someone directing traffic? Nope. Do you just push your way through to where you're trying to go inch by inch? Yep.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayiti Cheri

Steady {Rain} of Peace

Monsieur + Madame Beauplan // Wedding + Honeymoon